Monday, June 15, 2009

thing #14; explore technorati

Okay, I did the first part of the "thing" and got nothing; I typed in the suggested tag (school library etc.) and got a blank page. Looking the top searches (paris hilton, jennifer gardner, etc) I see a whole of drivel. Looking at the news section, I see a lot of "left leaning, liberal" content.
I claimed my blog and found it easy to do (however I have another name and password to remember; I don't know if I will be able to remember all these). I checked out the widgets and did not really see anything that attracted me.
I have been looking at the other players blogs and most seem to be about the same as mine. I see that some are much more techo than others. I feel that I am somewhere in the middle. I am getting better because of this exercise and learning much.
How much I will use in the classroom I haven't decided yet. One of the biggest problems that I face in the classroom is availability of computer time. I do not have student accessible computers in my classroom and have to schedule lab time to do class assignments. Many times, this is easier said than done as we have many teachers requesting to use the lab. Most of the time is filled up at least six weeks in advance. I don't know about many of you, but I do not plan six weeks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment