Monday, June 7, 2010

Thing 1 Summer 2010

After watching the video on connectivism, I came away with a few contrasting thoughts. I like the idea of being able to access any textbook, classroom, course etc. However, I am not quite sure about how the student is to go about finding these things. I see this as the role of the teacher: to direct the student to the correct sources. I think the teacher and or libraian's role in this connectivism is a bit more complicated than what the video shows. I see the role almost like a traffic cop; telling individuals which way to go.

1 comment:

  1. It's exciting to see you are a high school teacher and football coach AND completing the "11.5 Things". I learned so much while taking the "23 Things" that I can't wait to "dive into" the new Things.
    Many of the students I work with aren't motivated to work on their own like this "energetic student" in the Common Craft video. Many ways to locate information were shared even if you don't use ALL of them for one experience.
    I'm glad to be "on board" even though I don't work for Springbranch ISD. My blog is
    http://newtoolsforgreatfishingonline.blogspot.com/
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete