Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Thing 2 commentary

I found wordle to be very useful; I can see myself making things to use with my active board. I can see the students using it for a variety of things; especially literature. It would be great to use for novels, short stories and the like and even vocabulary study. I found the site to be very easy to use and user friendly.
I also liked gloster very much; again, I see myself using for many introductory units with my activeboard. I think the students would like using this more than making a traditional poster. It is faster, easier and much more convenient. I think the thinking process is a bit different also because it forces them to use technology instead of scissors and glue.
I made a video on animoto but can not figure out how to post it to the blog. I saved it and can e-mail it and post it on facebook. I found this to be very time consuming coming up with pictures and things. I think it could be used in my English class for a major assignment over a novel or play or such. Finally, the Bookr I found very difficult to use. I thought the website was not very user friendly and lacked instruction. Also, the photos that were available were not very useful or plentiful. I really don't think this is something that I would use.

1 comment:

  1. Bookr may not be appropriate for your needs, but youngsters in elementary have made some really cute little books...maybe at another time, you ca ngo back and look it!

    ReplyDelete