Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thing #4 youtube

I have used youtube previously and found many helpful video clips that I have used in the classroom and for coaching as well. Many coaches do not realize that there are tons of instructional videos available for just about any sport. It is not difficult to upload videos to the sight and I find it to be very user friendly.
Some advantages of having teaching/learning videos available are that students could view videotaped lessons at home if they were absent or as a re-teaching tool. They could view a difficult lesson or a review session at their leisure.
Because of the legal issues, I am not quite sure about up-loading student work. I think that would have to be something that they would have to do on their own. I would not be comfortable from a legal standpoint of doing this, even with a signed form. I think, though, that if a student is proud of an assignment that they have completed for class and want to share it, it would be great. They would have to understand though, that sometimes comments from casual observers can be rough and to take some with "a grain of salt".

No comments:

Post a Comment